Facilitator NotesBefore you install and run this course with your students, please refer to the information below.
- Installing questionnaire module
- Delivery options
- Assessment and assignment submission
- Suggested forum topics
The final reflective topic (9. Course Delivery Review) is designed to be taken during a 2 day face to face workshop. However, the course is also designed so that it could be delivered completely online, if arranging for face to face workshops is impractical.
The course is designed to be flexible, so please run it however is best suited to your environment.
Most topics contain at least 2 assignments of quizzes. So if you run this course over a 3 month period, there will usually be at least 1 assignment due to be submitted each week (possibly 2). After you have installed the course, and have decided on the start and end dates, you can set the assignment submission dates (in the Moodle assignment activity) and inform your students. See below for the default settings for quizzes and assignments.
We have found it useful to post a message in the general course forum a few days before the submission date, to remind students about their upcoming assignments.
By default the criteria for quizzes is set to allow students to have 3 attempts and no time limit or deadlines are set. No penalties are applied to incorrect answers.
For assignments, by default no deadlines are set, students are allowed to resubmit and teachers will be emailed when a student submits.
- Quizzes: how to use cloze questions and how to deal with questions with the same answer (eg 6 or six)
- Suggest subscribing to Stephen Downes OLWeekly email newsletter: http://www.downes.ca/cgi-bin/login.cgi?action=Register
- Suggest subscribing to Educational Technology Debate blog: http://edutechdebate.org
- Start a discussion about the pros/cons of using OERs, how can you trust open content?
- How can we detect plagiarism?
Last modified: Friday, 29 April 2011, 7:40 AM